The Council meetings and Strategy session at the 2013 Leadership Summit will be vital to the future of IAPD. We encourage all IAPD committee members, volunteers and other members who are interested in guiding the direction of the association to attend these important meetings.
Role of Councils
The Councils will offer an opportunity for member companies to meet and talk about strategies and issues in the market and bring back ideas to IAPD about how to strengthen and grow the supply chain. It is our belief that the Council meetings will allow for the presentation of issues unique to each membership category and offer an opportunity for enhanced networking and sharing of best practices and challenges.
These Councils will allow for the consolidation of group issues and provide a single voice from the group in the General Membership Meetings and Leadership Summits. It is believed that this format will eliminate concerns about individual bias toward companies and any perceived fear of interfering with existing business relationships.
These Councils will not replace the existing Common Interest Groups (CIGs). Members may find that further segmentation of the Councils is needed in the future.
IAPD Small Distributor Council
The IAPD Small Distributor Council will include member distributors and fabricators whose plastics distribution sales are equal to or less than US$19.9 million. This group will join the integrated distributor council meeting.
IAPD Integrated Distributor Council
The Integrated Distributor Council will include all distributors and fabricators, small through large, plus stock shapes and PVF companies. This integrated Council will help the distribution supply chain identify opportunities and challenges facing distribution, external market forces affecting distribution, opportunities to improve relationships with suppliers and become a unified voice within the plastics distribution supply chain. All distributors and fabricators are welcome to attend.
IAPD Manufacturer Council
The Manufacturers Council will include all IAPD manufacturer and resin manufacturer / distributor members. This Council will offer manufacturers an opportunity to discuss supply chain issues, expectations of their distribution partners and report back to IAPD and the other Councils about how IAPD may help facilitate better channel communications and meet the needs of IAPD manufacturer members.
IAPD Leadership Session
The IAPD Leadership Session at 1:15 p.m. on Tuesday, April 30 will be an opportunity for the IAPD Executive Committee to outline the strategic priorities of the association and provide a clear roadmap for the issues we will continue to focus on for the coming years. All IAPD members are encouraged to attend this session and participate in the development of the future of IAPD.
Those strategic priorities are as follows:
1. Promote distribution as the way to market, engage distribution to become a unified force in the global marketplace and promote best practices – which may ultimately lead to accreditation of best practices.
2. Expand the awareness, consideration, acceptance and the use of plastics in the top 24+ markets identified by our members.
3. Grow membership: (1) retain members; (2) promote engagement of membership; (3) attract new members.
4. Proactively defend plastics environmental perception and educate legislators/regulators on the facts about plastics.
5. Prepare and train plastics distributors on properties, benefits, applications and lifecycle of plastics.We are all excited about the opportunity to try this new approach to better understand the needs of our members as we go forward into the future. We look forward to your participation and feedback.