Present a 2014 e-Training Webinar
Webinars are the convenient, quick, cost-effective choice for education, and IAPD is proud to offer this online learning opportunity.
If you have knowledge of an interesting topic and want to present your expertise please contact Carly Rodgers at +913.345.1005 to schedule a 2014 date today.
IAPD webinars are free to present and attend. Plus, your company will earn points toward the annual Education Circle of Champions Award.
Attend this e-Training Webinar Nov. 7
Material Handling Automation and Technology, presented by Ken McFadden, product manager, sponsored by Stiles Machinery Inc.
This presentation will focus on material handling automation and technology, specifically:
- Cost Control
- Injury Prevention
When is it time to add Material Handling
- Smaller batch sizes
- Heavier parts
- Lost material
- Product flow
- Cost per Employee
- Maximize Machine Throughput
Attendees of this presentation will learn:
- Differences in material handling
- When and where to add material handling
- What makes sense to add for material handling
- Cost control
- Machine throughput
Who should attend
- Business owners
- Production Managers
- General Managers
- Anybody in the plastics or advanced materials manufacturing
Ken McFadden, product manager for Stiles Machinery Inc., will give the presentation on Friday, November 7 at 10:00 a.m. CST / 11:00 a.m. EST.
If you do not already have an IAPD account you will need to create an account to register for this event. You only have to do this once to register for IAPD webinars going forward. All IAPD members and nonmembers can create an IAPD account. Once registered, you will receive an email confirmation from Go To Webinar with the call-in details. If you do not receive the email confirmation, please contact IAPD staff.
e-Training Webinar Replay from Oct. 10
Supply Chain Best Practice: Developing a Customer Focused Supply Chain
“Effective supply chain management is not the responsibility of an organization’s supply chain management professionals alone,” says APICS CEO Abe Eshkenazi. “It is critical that individuals throughout the organization understand how their roles touch the supply chain and how effective, customer-focused supply chain management creates positive bottom-line results.”
The purpose of becoming customer focused strengthens the entire team and fosters appreciation of a properly structured and managed supply chain. This presentation will provide an insider’s view of supply chain management and will offer fundamental knowledge of the functions of supply chain management (SCM) for team members who interact with or support supply chain activities as well as non-supply chain management professionals, helping to increase efficiency and generate ideas for improvements.
Participants in this webinar will:
- Learn the benefits of developing a customer focused supply chain.
- Understand the model to become fully integrated as a part of the team supporting the increasingly important SCM function.
- Understand the basic elements of supply chain management and how improvements in processes and communication can lead to increased overall customer satisfaction and profitability.
The webinar was presented by James Laitinen, CSCP, executive vice president of APICS.
e-Training Webinar Replay from Sept. 19
Processes in Creating Transparent Acrylic Edges, sponsored by Stiles Machinery, Inc.
This presentation focuses on providing insight into mechanized solutions for polishing/processing transparent acrylic edges. It includes machinery as well as tooling systems produced specifically for this market segment.
General overviews and demonstration videos will be presented including:
- Flexible solutions for polishing/processing 90 degree and beveled edges
- Fixed solutions for 90 degree edges
- Fixed solutions for beveled edges
- Flexible tooling solutions for CNC routers for polishing non-rectilinear geometries
Attendees of this presentation will:
- Learn four basic mechanical platforms for polishing/processing acrylic edges
- Understand the pros and cons of different approaches to edge beveling
- Know “what to look for” when considering this type of production equipment
- Discuss tooling and the importance of serviceability for acrylic processing tools
- Review the case study: manual vs. mechanical polishing
Who should attend:
- Plastics distributors
- Plastic fabricators
- Store fixture and retail display manufacturers
- Acrylic furniture manufacturers
James Swanson, product manager for Stiles Machinery Inc., gave the presentation.
Product Training Webinar Replay from June 24
Innovative Material Solutions for the Conveyor Industry, sponsored by Röchling Engineering Plastics
Engineering plastics have improved the performance of conveyor systems by providing unique characteristics and properties in replacing traditional metal parts. New challenges arise daily as design engineers are tasked with developing conveyors that run faster, quieter and are more cost effective.
As more demands are placed upon the plastic components of conveyor systems, Röchling Engineering Plastics offers innovative solutions for the most challenging applications including:
- Metal and x-ray detectable plastics
- Innovative high performance sliding materials for material handling
Replay this webinar to see how Röchling Engineering Plastics is energizing the conveyor industry. Joe Aleszczyk, Market Development Specialist for Röchling Engineering Plastics, gave the presentation.