Web seminars are the convenient, quick, cost-effective choice for education, and IAPD is proud to offer this new learning opportunity.
Call for Speakers
All members are invited to submit a presentation proposal for an IAPD Web Seminar. Proposals must contain:
- Short description
- Audience take-aways
- Target audience
- Speaker name and short biography, including past speaking experience
Proposals will be evaluated by IAPD staff and the IAPD Technical Advisory Committee. Speakers will be notified within 30 days of proposal submission of their acceptance, at which time a date will be selected. Presentations must meet the following:
IAPD Editorial Guidelines
- Submitted presentations must look and read professionally, and are subject to proofing and copy editing by IAPD staff. All presentations are subject to IAPD final approval. If the content of the material is changed substantially, the presentation will be presented back to the author for final review. In the event of a dispute between the staff and the presentation author, the Technical Advisory Committee will have the final decision.
- Presentations must be factual in content and all copyright permissions must be in place before submitting.
- Speakers who submit presentations give IAPD the right to publish their presentation and its content in other IAPD and its partners’ venues, including but not limited to the IAPD web site.
- Presentation content must be informative and educational — not merely a commercialized article promoting a company or its products and services. This guideline includes company-specific training. All web seminars promoted by IAPD must be educational and not sales promotion.
- Presentations cannot mention trade names or prices, but trade names may appear as captions to photos within the presentations. Plastic materials mentioned in presentations must be noted as generic plastic family names.
- All presentations will be 45 to 60 minutes long, including a short period for a live question and answer session.
The solicitation, selection and review process is transparent; and proposals are welcome from all members. The priority and selection of web seminars will be based upon the topics and content that is most relevant to the target audiences.
There are opportunities to host company and trade-name specific web seminars. Please visit the sponsorship page for more information.
Contact Carly Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org or +913.345.1005 for more information on presenting a web seminar.