Date: April 6, 2023
Contact: Kailee Canty, Director of Marketing, Content and Education, +913.345.1005
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IAPD Breaks Attendance Record for the Second Year in a Row at the West Coast Golf Tournament
Overland Park, Kans. - IAPD - The Performance Plastics Association, is pleased to announce record-setting attendance at the association’s first charitable golf tournament of the year. The 2023 IAPD West Coast Charitable Golf Tournament, to be held Thursday, April 6 at the Pechanga Resort Casino in Temecula, CA, USA, will welcome a record number of 64 performance plastics professionals for a day of golf for a great cause, the IAPD Charitable Foundation. The foundation supports the annual IAPD Charitable Foundation’s Scholarship Program, which awards scholarships to worthy undergraduate and graduate students.
The West Coast Golf Committee, comprised of volunteers from IAPD member companies, is responsible for recruiting participants and securing sponsorships for this event. The committee includes Kurt Broll, Interstate Advanced Materials; Mike McKenna, Interstate Advanced Materials; Matt Humphreys, Industrial Plastic Supply, Inc.; Jay Forcellina, Curbell Plastics, Inc.; and board liaison Jeffrey Burke, Curbell Plastics, Inc.
In addition to the record-breaking attendance, the committee has secured more than $5,000 in sponsorships from the following companies:
- Hole Sponsors are CartierWilson LLC; Cast Nylons; Harker & Associates Inc.; Interstate Advanced Materials; Multi-Craft Plastics Inc.; Pacific Polymer Group; Palram Americas, Inc.; Piedmont Plastics; PLASKOLITE; Polymer Industries; Roehm America LLC; SEKISUI KYDEX, LLC; SIMONA AMERICA Group; Spartech; Vycom; and ZL Engineering Plastics, Inc.
- Women’s Longest Drive Contest Sponsor is Ensinger
- Closest-to-the-Pin Sponsor is Nylatech, Inc.
- Longest Drive Contest Sponsor is Polymer Industries
- Putting Contest Sponsor is King Plastic Corporation
- Lunch Sponsors are Interstate Advanced Materials and Vycom
- Dinner Sponsors are Curbell Plastics, Inc.; Harker & Associates Inc.; King Plastic Corporation; and PLASKOLITE
“IAPD is thrilled with the record-breaking attendance and member representation at the 2023 West Coast Golf Tournament. IAPD members and future members will enjoy a great day of golf and plenty of time for networking at one of Southern California’s premier golf courses,” said IAPD CEO Susan Avery, CAE. “We look forward to a successful year of golf tournaments events to help fund the IAPD Charitable Foundation’s Scholarship Program. I encourage IAPD members and nonmembers to register for the other charitable tournaments throughout the year and continue to set attendance records.”
There are four other charitable golf tournaments in 2023 to register for. See www.iapd.org
IAPD – The Performance Plastics Association (IAPD), established in 1956, brings together performance plastics distributors, fabricators, manufacturers, manufacturers' representatives, recyclers, resin manufacturers/distributors and service providers in an environment which encourages a free flow of ideas and information that help members build their businesses. Every program and service we provide is designed with the simple goal of helping our members increase profitability. IAPD provides training, connections with customers and suppliers and information about developments that impact the industry.
For more information, visit www.iapd.org.