IAPD member price: $129
Excellence in Sales Level II, the second tier of IAPD’s sales training program, addresses seven industry-based scenarios of which you draw from your expertise and work experience to formulate effective solutions.
This intermediate course is about correctly defining real-world problems and devising effective solutions for them, using all of the resources of your company. To some extent, it is about what you do every day as you call on customers, help them solve their problems and help achieve the objectives of your company. However, you may find that you don’t do these things with the same structure the course requires. Solving the seven scenarios requires a thoughtful approach to a complete solution presented in the proper chronology.
The following seven scenarios are based on common situations in the plastics distribution industry, specifically:
2. Developing New Accounts
3. Combatting Competitive Efforts
4. Restoring Account Confidence After a Service Failure
5. Solving Process Problems for the Customer
6. Winning New Business in a Competitive Environment
7. Solving Product Problems for the Customer
While the details may vary from company to company, most distributors and distributor salespeople have faced something very similar to what’s described in the scenarios.
Each scenario consists of two parts:
- First, the principles and rubric provide some guidance for the content required in your solution. The principles at the beginning of each scenario are in addition to the General Principles in Section II.
- The second is the scenario itself. Each scenario presents a problem and requires you to create a detailed solution.
The Level II study guide contains General Principles that apply to all seven scenarios, as well two appendices with suggested answers (Appendix A) and information
to help you structure your solutions (Appendix B).
Your seven solutions will be individually graded on whether you address the principles and adhere to the guidelines in the rubric, and how complete your responses are.
When you successfully complete this course, you will:
- Be able to work beyond the symptoms and correctly define the problem.
- Understand the interaction of distributor departments and use the resources of these departments properly.
- Structure sales and problem-solving plans in an organized manner so that each step contributes to the success of the next step.
- Deal with complex customer structures properly.
- Communicate your solutions to real-world problems effectively.
Enroll in the Excellence in Sales Level II exam today!